Saturday, September 03, 2005

how can we fix this if we have no adhesion?

long time, no post.
what is up. does anyone ever look at this, except the occassional spam post?
any-hoo....

i was trained in the art of toys r us stocking by a 6'4" rail thin goth with red contact lenses. he was extremely bubbly for 6 in the morning. he actually reminds me of a combination of chris1, and old roommate who would run around my apartment naked pretending to mount my stuffed panda, and chris2 who i used to work with- who would work like a maniac and seems to be waiting for his father to just die. i cant remember the goth guy's name, so i just call him chris.
as the morning progressed, he attempted to "out-dork" me- in an attempt to prove he was a bigger geek, and therefore- the epitome of cool. ???
it confused me at first, until i realized what he was trying to do. his knowledge of toys- tv- 80s trivia etc etc... however, he didn't know that i had lived with joe, john, and adam... and i listened.

bring it on.

the only examples i can really remember were kinda like how he mentioned how he and his friends would do a little thing called "mystery scince theatre 3000" to movies like 'catwoman' but it was so bad that they couldnt even make fun of it. so i let him know that they should try the movie 'jesus christ vampire hunter:the musical" since we couldnt get through that one, either.
-marcy 1, chris 0.

then he let me know that he owns about 1,000 transformers. i told him that my transformers were set up in a battle scene ontop of the enertainment center with gi joes, rainbow brite, homies, and minicons dancing/fighting around their feet. he 'countered' by mentioning that they are making a live action movie- which i already knew, and told him i hope they dont fuck it up but it looks like they might have the right team assembled to make it. he then mentioned the 80s movie, and i told him how they said "shit" and it got people up in arms.
-tie.

later he started quoting Stewie from family guy, and i completed the last few lines when he quit.

nothing huge, just little things that the couple other people working there had no idea what he was talking about. i did. so i let him kno. i was in on all his little inside jokes wether he wanted me to be or not.


anyway. i've put in 74 hours in a week and a half at my other job- serving/setup/break down for a catering company. $12-15 an hour. they're hiring if anyone is interested. ;)

that is all for now.

continue doing what you were doing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a PENIS ENLARGMENT.

Now I see why theres an option for anonymous posts. Good job with Chris MKIII Marcy, you make us proud!

John

Joseph said...

Alright, these spam ad bastards are getting out of control.

I live in the environment once again where people try to out geek each other. I live with Jon and Johanna, and when their friends Jamie and Doc come over, it's an all out brawl as to who can say the most obscure "Sports Night" or "Buffy the Vampire" reference, or who can name the most unknown fact about the most unknown thing. And if everyone looks at them like "what the hell are you talking about" somehow that means they win. I agree though, I've not understood how extreme dorky champion = cool. I mean you and I and John and Adam know all about videogames, and Adult Swim, and ninja turtles, and GI Joe PSA redubs, and youre in a videogame comic book, etc etc... but we never competed. And we never really tried to make ourselves feel cool by saying "you want to be the king? you'll be the fool!" in front of people who wouldn't get it.

We played a game of "Celebrities" here with all of them. T'was quite lame. What you do is put the names of celebrities in a hat, and then people take them out and have to get other people to say them. And everytime I got up I had no idea who the people were. They were mostly actors from "Sports Night," and to be honest, I really kind of walked into a big "aren't we awesome" fest because I didn't know who any of them were. So in round two, I put in a bunch of sports players, and totally stumped them all and kind of ruined their power trip. Guys like Uwe Krupp, Tim Biakabatuka (which I accidentally picked and then had to describe to my team, which was a lost cause). Also Doc didn't know who Anna Nicole Smith was.

Joseph said...

Whoa! John and I posted a minute apart!

M R C said...

i think that if anyone of us got into the situation where we were TRYING to out-dork one another.. we would have kicked him/her in the nuts. it would have been a collective look of "what the hell do you think youre doing, asshole?"

and then it would have been resolved. pizza ordered. and we watch the mst3k with Trumpy.